My LiFe

My LiFe

Pages

Saturday 18 August 2018

Audio and Video Media in Teaching and Learning

I would like to discuss on the use of audio and video media in support the teaching and learning process. This topic is based on my understanding when I went through a topic 10 of Technology course.
We already get use to PowerPoint slide, Preze, Powtoon and other similar. But we and the audience will get board if every presentation just used PowerPoint. Thus the exploration should not stop here. Making an audio and video presentation is quite cool also. We have did this as our introduction while setup a Blendspace presentation last time. I also think that the stop motions tool is very interesting and attractive as well.
You may check out further my introduction using an audio and video at the below link which I could engage with the students while they listen to my voice and see my face in the video. The media like YouTube as well will maintain student interest and focus:


And you might also want to know how we can present ‘making healthy breakfast’ using a stop motion. As a result from this stop motion video, our students were not throwing the salad and vegetable while ate the sandwich. This is due to the attractive stop motion video that they have watched before prepare their own breakfast:


Research suggests that people learn new things more easily when they are presented in both verbal and visual form (Salomon, 1979). Other empirical research shows that visual media make concepts more accessible to a person than text media and help with later recall (Cowen, 1984).


Therefore, the use of audio and video media is become more relevant if we want to engage more with our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...