My LiFe

My LiFe

Pages

Saturday 18 August 2018

3D Augmented Reality

I have heard about Augmented Reality (AR) during my Technology class with Dr.Farha. At first I thought it will be so hard and not friendly tool to use. But after give it a try, it is actually easy I could say.

What is Augmented Reality (AR) technology? It is the technology that expands our physical world, adding layers of digital information onto it. Unlike Virtual Reality (VR), AR does not create whole artificial environments to replace real with virtual one.


First step is to install a free apps of Quiver-3d Coloring App. I have installed a Spectacular apps in my smartphone. Next is to go to the QuiverVision.com to print our selected image, print it and start coloring. Further we can scan the QR code via the apps viewer. These images are then bring to life, my original coloring and designs intact on a smartphone screen by looking at them through the apps viewer and pressing play. Below is my 3D image captured by the apps viewer and at bottom is the animation video I have recorded.

Top is the coloring image and bottom is the 3D AR



Wow. It is pretty cool is not it? So I have introduced this tool to all my students in preschool. The technology is one of the way to get engage with them. And yes learning with technology has become more relevant towards the 21st Century education. Just look at them how impressed there were when watching their coloring picture becomes alive.



However, technology should not be brought to classroom just for sake of doing something new. Teachers need to have pedagogically relevant way to use new technologies, and the same goes with 3D technologies.

As for me I think the students can do a story telling based on their animated life 3D images. In addition they can also do a writing exercise based on their observation. The technology is smart and as an educator, we need to be smarter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...